The Journey to Success
The Journey to Success
Attending the REALTORS® Conference & Expo will put you on the path to prosperity. Here we bring some of the value right to you with exclusive speaker interviews and an exhibitor list. So why attend?
At the conference, you’ll have unlimited access to 200 education sessions over four days, covering topics that will help you thrive in today’s market, such as working with expired listings, making the best use of social networking tools, and skillfully handling short sales.
You can get hands-on help at the Technology Learning Center. You even have the ability to complete your Code of Ethics course requirement right at the conference. And it wouldn’t be a REALTORS® Conference without a host of ways to kick back and relax.
Stay on Track
Whatever your specialty, the conference features sessions tailored to your career goals. There’s CRB Day for brokers and managers, CRS® Day and REBAC Day for sales associates, Commercial Day, and RLI Day for land specialists. Here’s a sampling.
FOR BROKERS & MANAGERS
- Risk-Reducing Tips: Office Policy Considerations Keep your liability under control with effective advertising policies, dispute handling, and personal relationships with independent contractors. Use what you learn to evaluate and update your office policies. 11/8 1:30PM
- Leading Your Agents to the Next Level Identify the newest tools to retain top sales associates, overcome your own fears of failure, and build confidence within your team. 11/9 11:00AM
- Interview Techniques: Finding Agents Who Breathe Success Recruit agents who have a frame of mind geared for success! Learn interview questions that help you recognize potential top performers. 11/9 3:00PM
FOR COMMERCIAL PROS
- Economic Issues & Commercial Real Estate Business Trends Forum: Have housing’s woes finally hit the commercial sector? Will high gas prices undermine the demand for office space and give telecommuting legs at last? Find out. 11/7 12:30PM
- How to Value Income Properties and Land: Learn the pitfalls underlying income-property valuation, how to use photographs to influence land values, and the dangers of cap rate use. 11/8 9:00AM
ESPECIALLY FOR FIRST-TIMERS
- Rev Up Your Conference Experience: Share ideas that will take your business up a notch! Network, and tap into tips from conference veterans about how to pick the best education sessions for you. Learn how to build an international referral network and expand your business.11/7 & 11/8 9:00AM
FOR YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
- The Smart Salesperson’s Financial Survival Guide Advice for staying solvent and building your business through challenging economic times.11/9 9:00AM
- REALTOR® Magazine’s Young Professionals Network Presents: “Look Clients! I’m on TV!” Get inside insights into using online video to enrich clients’ Web experience, land a gig on local TV, and get a foot in the door of national real estate reality shows. Hear from “30 Under 30” honorees on how TV has boosted their careers. 11/9 3:00PM
- “Mix & Mingle” at the Young Professionals Network Reception Enjoy complimentary drinks and appetizers while networking with your peers, connecting with industry experts, and schmoozing with some of REALTOR® magazine’s “30 Under 30” honorees. For an extended list of activities for young professionals, check out the Young Professionals Network convention schedule at REALTOR.org/ypn. RSVPs required for the YPN reception. 11/9 5:30PM
Affordable hotels: NAR has negotiated special low rates at 34 area hotels, including six with rooms under $100 per night.
Airfare discounts: Book your flights on United Airlines through united.com (code: 501CQ) for discounted airfare.
No need for a rental car: NAR shuttle busses will make frequent runs between conference hotels and the Orange County Convention Center.
Meal tips for every budget: A restaurant reservation service, Concierge Orlando, will help you find and reserve tables at eateries with a variety of cuisines and price ranges.
The Long Road to Victory: Lance Armstrong Sneak Peek
Lance Armstrong, cancer survivor and seven-time winner of cycling’s greatest test of endurance, the Tour de France, will tell you how he stayed motivated in the face of challenges. See him at the General Session Nov. 8. Among the stirring observations from his best-selling memoir It’s Not About the Bike:
- "I don’t know why I’m still alive. I can only guess. I have a tough constitution, and my profession taught me how to compete against long odds and big obstacles."
- "I don’t always win. Sometimes just finishing is the best I can do."
- "When I was sick, I saw more beauty and triumph and truth in a single day than I ever did in a bike race."
- "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."
Reprinted from It’s Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life by Lance Armstrong with Sally Jenkins by arrangement with G.P. Putnam’s Sons, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Lance Armstrong.
Your $330 REALTORS® Conference registration fee (nonmembers, $430) is a great value. It gives you access to hundreds of hands-on training classes and timely educational panels with a range of experts you won’t find at any other real estate event.
- The REALTORS® Celebrity Concert, Nov. 7, features "Dancing on the Ceiling" with Lionel Richie. Hear Richie sing "All Night Long" and his dozen other Top Ten hits just for you.
- Sunday, Nov. 9, there’s an evening of fun and thrills at the Universal Studios Florida theme park—featuring an outdoor concert with R&B great Kool & the Gang, plus 10 Universal Dollars to spend. REALTORS® full-conference attendees will also have unlimited access to rides and attractions.
- Football legend Joe Theismann, who played in 163 consecutive NFL games and led the Washington Redskins to Super Bowl victory, revealing his winning secrets.
- General Session Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC), Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- REALTORS® Celebrity Concert REBAC, SRES, e-Pro, and REALTOR.com
- Entrepreneurial Excellence Series Chase
- REALTORS® Night Out at Universal Studios Bank of America
- Technology Learning Center Stewart
Notice: The information on this page may not be current. The REALTOR® Magazine archive is a collection of content previously published on RealtorMag.REALTOR.org. The archive pages are not updated and may no longer be accurate. Users must independently verify the accuracy and currency of the information found here. The National Association disclaims all liability for any loss or injury resulting from the use of the information or data found on this page.