Cost vs. Value
Cost vs. Value
Which home upgrades will score big with buyers? REALTORS® in markets across the country judge the effects of several projects on sales prices for the annual Cost vs. Value Report, done in cooperation with Remodeling magazine.
This year's report reveals that updating the outside of a home pays off. Real estate professionals ranked exterior improvement projects as winning the buyers’ eye and providing sellers with the most return on investment.
Make Sure Your Area is Represented and Enter to Win!
The information-gathering period for the 2014 survey is now open. This year, the survey has expanded to 100 U.S. metro markets, up from 81 last year. We rely on local practitioners to provide resale values in each of those markets, and we want to hear from every eligible REALTOR® out there. REALTORS® who complete the current survey on or before midnight Oct. 15, 2013, and who provide complete registration information will be entered in a special drawing. Four grand prizes of $500 each will be awarded. Start your survey now!
Reports by Year:
- 2012-13 Cost vs. Value: Make the First Impression Count
- 2011-12 Cost vs. Value: Big-Bang Remodeling Projects
- 2010 Cost vs. Value: Help Clients Stretch Their Remodeling Dollars
- 2009 Cost vs. Value: Small Projects, Big Bang
- 2008 Cost vs. Value: Still Many Happy Returns for Home Rehabs
- 2007 Cost vs. Value: Exterior and Replacement Projects Bring Highest Returns
- 2006 Cost vs. Value: Making Home Improvements Pay