Cost vs. Value
Cost vs. Value
Editor's Note: For the latest information on the value of remodeling, check out the new Remodeling Impact Report from NAR and the National Association of the Remodeling Industry.
Which home upgrades score big with buyers? REALTORS® in markets across the country each year judge the effects of 35 home improvement projects on sales prices in Remodeling magazine's annual Cost vs. Value Report, done in cooperation with REALTOR® Magazine.
Find out what the results from the 2014-15 survey tell us about today's housing market. Thanks to all those who participated, using their local knowledge to help demonstrate real insights from REALTORS® about the value of home improvements.
Last year's report revealed which projects open the door to buyers and where remodeling dollars stretch the furthest. It was also the second year in a row that all 35 projects in Remodeling magazine’s Cost vs. Value Report saw more home improvement dollars recouped upon resale of a home than the previous year.
Reports by Year:
- 2014-15 Cost vs. Value: Less Is More
- 2013-14 Cost vs. Value: Remodeling Pays Off Big Time
- 2012-13 Cost vs. Value: Make the First Impression Count
- 2011-12 Cost vs. Value: Big-Bang Remodeling Projects
- 2010 Cost vs. Value: Help Clients Stretch Their Remodeling Dollars
- 2009 Cost vs. Value: Small Projects, Big Bang
- 2008 Cost vs. Value: Still Many Happy Returns for Home Rehabs
- 2007 Cost vs. Value: Exterior and Replacement Projects Bring Highest Returns
- 2006 Cost vs. Value: Making Home Improvements Pay